1. Certification Operator Compliance Matters
When issuing the certificate, the Certification Body informs the certified person of the following items:
(According to Article 22 of 「Act on management and support on promoting environmental friendly farming, fisheries and organic foods」 and Article 17 of 「Enforcement rule of the act on management and support on promoting environmental friendly farming, fisheries and organic foods」)
- 1) Matters concerning labeling of organic foods
- 2) Submit all performances of production, manufacturing, processing or handling to the certification body or register directly on ‘Certification management information system’ website by January 20th of each year.
- 3) Shall keep all data or documents of used materials and raw materials, data or documents of production, manufacturing, processing or handling of certified products for two years from the following year of production.
- 4) Compliance matters for those who received other certifications.
2. Other matters which should comply (Reason for cancellation of certification)
- 1) Certified by writing false data on the certification application, attached documents and documents required for certification audit.
- 2) Certified by fraudulent means.
- 3) Does not meet the certification standards.
- a. When operation related records are not recorded or kept.
- b. When operation related records are not provided to the Korean National Agricultural Products Quality Management Director or Certification Body upon request.
- c. When non-certified product(s) is mixed with certified product(s) or non-certified product(s) sold as certified product(s)
- d. When raw materials, food additives, processing aids that are prohibited as processing materials are used (except for the case of items listed on asterisk 3, number 4, subparagraph 2).
- e. When using materials that are not permitted or using methods that does not meet certification standards.
- f. When organic synthetic pesticides exceed 0.01ppm in organic processed foods
- 4) Failure to comply with an order under Article 31 (4) of the Act, without justifiable reasons.
** Article 31 (4) of the Act
Not following actions of removal, suspension or change of certification mark, prohibition of sale, and change of label marking details after post supervision of certified products.
- 5) When it is recognized that it is difficult to continue producing certified product(s) for reasons such as business closure or change of business.